Every Heatform panel incorporates a unique insulation material 100% made from recycled plastic bottles. For example the 2.5m panel has approximately 768qty x 500ml recycled (post consumer) plastic bottles.
Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET) foams are the newest structural core materials in the composite industry. Heatform’s insulation is well established among core materials for sandwich structures and is steadily substituting traditional materials such as Balsa, SAN or PVC.
The reason is simple: with outstanding product quality, tremendous diversity of uses and truly sustainable production, Heatform’s insulation offers you new perspectives toward your pool’s energy saving potential.
Lightweight and high mechanical strength in conjunction with residual flexibility and maximum service life are what you expect of a modern composite material, and that is what you get from us, with a great deal more.
- Excellent fatigue properties: The long-term behaviour of sandwich structures is a major concern for dynamically loaded applications. Heatform’s insulation displays a threshold level of >60%.
- High temperature resistance: Higher curing temperature means shorter cycle times, increased productivity, better mechanical properties in the laminate and peel strength. At +150°C Heatform’s insulation allows a process time of days with full vacuum.
- Limited density variation: The mechanical properties are all related directly to the density; even small variations have a big impact. Heatform’s insulation extrusion process keeps density variations rather low, at less than 5%.
- Process versatility: High-performing core material is of less use if it adds complexity and costs to the manufacturing process. Heatform’s insulation is compatible with various production methods like infusion or pre-preg, as well as with all common resin systems.
- Thermoformability: Due to its thermoplastic nature, Heatform’s insulation is well-suited for thermoforming. 3D-shaped or double curved sandwich panels are possible without cutting the foam and thus eliminating core stress concentration and increased resin consumption.
- Recyclability & sustainability: Heatform’s insulation is 100% recyclable after its use phase. Furthermore, it is already 100% made of post-consumer PET and is still recyclable afterwards. You cannot find a more sustainable foam core in the composite industry!
EN 45545-2 certification requires the testing of the final composite sandwich, laminates plus core material.